Head Start Accepting Applications
July 27, 2009
SAISD Head Start is still accepting applications for the 2009-2010 school year for 3 and 4 years olds. Please call the center below you would like to enroll your child in to make an appointment.
Day Head Start - 3026 N. Oakes, 481-3395
Rio Vista Head Start - 2800 Ben Ficklin Rd., 659-3670
Blackshear Head Start - 2223 Brown, 658-7442
The SAISD Head Start program offers quality early childhood education at no cost; however, families must meet the 2009 poverty income guidelines. Head Start focuses on family services, parent involvement, quality educational services, and services for children with disabilities.
Parents/guardians will need to bring the following information with them to registration:
- Proof of all family income (preferably current 1040/W2,TAND/Social Security/SSI/Unemployment/Worker's Comp letters or printouts, child support order, or letter from employer(s))
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's up-to-date immunization record
- Child's social security card
- Food Stamp case #, if applicable
- Guardianship documents, if applicable
- IFSP/IEP for diagnosed disability, if applicable
- Medicaid/CHIPS or private health insurance, if applicable
- Physical exams and dental exams
For more information, please contact Lupe Gomez at 658-7442.