Head Start To Accept Applications
April 11, 2014
The San Angelo ISD Head Start program will accept applications for the 2014-2015 school year for children who will be 3-4 years old by September 1, 2014 from Tuesday, April 15-Thursday, April 17. Registration for all three Head Start campuses will take place at Blackshear Head Start, 2223 Brown Street, from 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM.
The SAISD Head Start program offers quality early childhood education at no cost; however, families must meet the 2014 poverty income guidelines.
The following information will need to be provided:
- Proof of all family income - Preferably current 1040/W2, TANF/Social Security/SSI/Unemployment/Worker's comp letters or printouts, child support order, or letter from employer(s), College Grants or Scholarships, 3 most current consecutive checkstubs, if Military must bring LES statements
- Child's birth certificate/hospital certificate or other document
- Child's up-to-date immunization record
- Child's Social Security Card
- Guardianship, CPS, Foster Documents (if applicable)
- IFSP/IEP for diagnosed disability (if applicable)
- Medicaid/Chips or private health insurance (if applicable).
Head Start focuses on family service, parent involvement, quality educational services, and services for children with disabilities, even severe disabilities.
For more information, call Tessie Teague at 947-3838 x797.