Head Start Hosting Open Enrollment
May 31, 2016
The San Angelo ISD Head Start program is holding an open enrollment for the 2016-2017 school year from Tuesday, May 31 through Thursday, June 2. Registration will take place at all three Head Start Centers from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To qualify for Head Start, children must be 3-4 years old by September 1, 2016. The Day and Rio Vista centers also have Early Head Start for children ages 0-3 years of age. Families must meet the 2016-2017 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
Please bring the following required documents with you to register your child:
- PROOF OF ALL FAMILY INCOME (1040, W2, TANF, SSI, Social Security, child support, check stubs, unemployment, Veterans benefits, etc.) You can come by and pick up an Employment Verification Form, and your employer can fill it out if you don’t have proof.
- Proof of Child's Age (legal birth certificate, Baptismal certificate (with seal), Medicaid card, or shot record)
- Child’s Shot Record
- Child's Social Security Card
- Proof of Medicaid, CHIP or Private Health Insurance (if applicable)
- Proof of Guardianship, CPS, Foster Care, Kinship Care Documents (if applicable)
- IFSP/IEP for Diagnosed Disability (if applicable)
The SAISD Head Start/Early Head Start program offers individualized early childhood education in a structured environment at no cost, specialized services for children with disabilities, highly qualified and dedicated teachers, personalized family support services, and nutritious meals and snacks.
For further information, please contact one of the following Head Start Centers:
Blackshear Head Start
2223 Brown St.
Day Early/Head Start
3026 N. Oaks St.
Rio Vista Early/Head Start
2800 Ben Ficklin Rd.