Notice of Destruction of Special Education Records
May 1, 2017
Request copies of records by December 31, 2017.
Notice Date: May 1, 2017
Attention Parents/Guardians, Former Students, Eligible (Adult) Students:
Special Education records which have been collected by San Angelo Independent School District (SAISD) related to the identification, evaluation, educational placement, or the provision of Special Education in the district, must be maintained under state and federal laws for a period of seven years after Special Education services have ended for the student. Special Education services end when the student is no longer eligible for services, graduates, moves from the district, and/or completes his or her educational program at age 22.
This notification is to inform parents/guardians and former students of SAISD’s intent to destroy the Special Education records of students who were no longer receiving Special Education services as of the end of the 2009-2010 school year. These records will be destroyed in accordance with state law unless the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student notifies the school district otherwise.
With proof of identity, the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student may request a copy of the records in person or by mail at the following address:
San Angelo Independent School District
Attn: Jeff Bright, Records Management Officer
San Angelo, Texas 76904
The written request for special education records scheduled for destruction must include the following information:
- Student’s full legal name
- Student’s date of birth
- Date services ended
- Name and relationship of person requesting copies
- Statement indicating that there is no legal action against you that prohibits your rights to the records
- Signature and date (adult student or legal guardian)
- Mailing address the copies should be sent to or
- Contact information (phone number, email address) for notification when the records are ready to be picked up.
- A valid picture ID must be presented at the time the records are picked up.