SAISD/ASU Host Community Resource Fair
January 19, 2018
San Angelo ISD and Angelo State University partnered together to host the first ever Community Resource Fair. The free event was held on January 18 in the ASU Junell Center practice gym.
The purpose of the fair was to inform the public of the many resources available to them throughout the community. "Our goal was to create an awareness of services available in the Concho Valley area," said SAISD Executive Director of Special Education Stephanie Free. "We believe that when the community and schools can work together we can meet the needs of the child as a whole."
The event featured booths and displays from approximately 30 community agencies and organizations. Agency representatives shared information about the resources and services they offer in the areas of healthcare, families, education, counseling, assistance, and much more.
SAISD Director of Assessment and Counselors Libby Probandt said that the event gave community agencies a chance to meet each other and find out more about each other. It also gave SAISD counselors, at-risk coordinators, and service workers the opportunity to learn about and connect with all the available programs and services in one room.
Participating organizations included:
- Building Bridges/ Hospice of San Angelo
- Children's Advocacy Center of Tom Green County, Inc.
- Concho Valley Home for Girls/ Children's Shelter
- Education Service Center-Region 15 (Migrant Services)
- First Care Health
- Goodfellow AFB Military Child Education & Exceptional Family Members
- Healthy Families San Angelo
- High Sky Children's Ranch
- House of Faith
- Interim Healthcare
- Legal Aid of North West Texas
- MAXIMUS, Inc.
- MCNA Dental
- MHMR Services for the Concho Valley
- Open Arms Rape Crisis Center & LGBT + Services
- Promises for Families Foundation
- River Crest Hospital
SACMC Safe Kids San Angelo
- SAISD Head Start
- Salvation Army
- Shannon Medical Center
- Superior HealthPlan
- Texas Hunger Initiatives-San Angelo Region
- The Family Shelter
- Tom Green County Sheriff's Crisis Intervention Unit
- West Texas Autism Center
- West Texas Counseling & Guidance
- YMCA of San Angelo