Archived Meeting Minutes
Prepared by Jamie Highsmith, Public Information
October 17, 2002
The meeting was called to order by President Julia Stout. The invocation was given by Mr. Vardeman. Members of Lee Junior High RADD led the
Pledge of Allegiance. There was no executive session.
- Minutes of the regular meetings of September 19, 2002 and October 3, 2002 were approved.
- No public comment was given.
- Tracy Pippins, science teacher at Lincoln, was recognized as a Teacher of the Year finalist.
- Bowie Elementary received the 2002 Gold Performance Award for improvement in reading.
- Bills, accounts, and financial statements for Sept. 2002 were approved.
- 1st six weeks average daily attendance report
- Presentation: Strategies to Improve Student Achievement from the Margaret Kilgo sessionsAligning Instruction and Assessment
- With TEKS and TAKSpresented by Joanne Rice, Robbin Gesch, and Marty Jonas.
CONSENT AGENDAall items approved
- Acceptance of proceeds from fixed assets surplus garage sale
- Bid award for RFP #705 for music, supplies, and equipment for orchestra, band, and elementary music.
- Bid award for RFP #706 for electrical supplies, HVAC, plumbing, lumber and building, auto supplies and materials.
- District Employment Recommendation for 2002-2003.
- Appointment and reappointment for the Board of Trustees, MHMR Services of the Concho Valley.
ACTION AGENDAall items approved
- Attorney fees and purchase of additional hours of service from
- Schwartz & Eichelbaum, P.C. The regularly hourly rate is $185, but the district may pre-purchase hours at $150 per hour.
- Discontinuation of Tom Green Community Action Council Lease of Day Elementary campus
- Approval of Lease for Day Elementary campus for Community Development Institute Head Start
- Board of Trustees Standard Operating Procedures
- Board Self-Evaluation Forms
- Training Date for Evaluation of SuperintendentNov. 18 @ 5:30
- 2nd Reading of Board Policy EIE (local)Retention and Promotionadded a Grade Placement Committee
- Approval to seek proposals for a comprehensive facilities study
- Resolution to sell Building Trades home @ 3751 Clearview at a selling price of $135,000
- Engagement letter from Webb & Webb for special report on applying agreed-upon procedures for state comp. ed.
- Engagement letter from Webb & Webb for special report on applying agreed-upon procedures to student records.
- Modify current appraisal process for SAISD employees other than teachers
- Resolution eliminating For Kids Sake and transfer to the Childrens Advocacy Center effective 1/01/03
The next board meeting will be November 5 at 5:30 pm.