Archived Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, August 26, 2003
1. Call to Order and Establish Quorum
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Adjourn to Closed or Executive Session in accordance with:
551.071 Texas Government Code
Discussion with attorney regarding pending or
Consultation with legal counsel regarding legal matters
affecting consideration of action agenda items
551.074 Texas Government Code
Discuss employee discipline, duties, resignations,
reassignments, new hires, and evaluations- The board did not adjourn to executive session.
4. Public Hearing on Budget and Proposed Tax Rate-There was no public comment on the budget or proposed tax rate.
(a) Report on House Bill 3459 - TRS 90-Day Waiting Period
For New Employees- presented by Pattie Jackson
6. Action Agenda Items
(a) Consider Adoption of 2003 - 2004 Budget-- approved
(b) Consider Approval of M & O and I&S Tax Rates- approved- M & 0 will be $1.50. I & S will be .0675.
- Consider Approval of Awarding Bid RFP 748 - Lake View Tile- A bid from Kiser Carpet was approved with a proposed December completion date. Bond money will cover the cost.
- Consider Approval of Awarding RFP 731 - Tennis Courts - Lake View -A bid from Australian Courts of Frisco was approved. Bond money will cover the cost.
- Consider Approval of Lake View Bond Request for Classroom Assistance- 8 classrooms are needed. The board approved moving in portable buildings and renovating the Graphic Arts area which is currently not in use.
- Consider Air Conditioning of Multi-Purpose Building at Southwest Elementary- approval to seek bid
(g) Consider Approval of District Employment Recommendation for the 2003-2004 School Year (Gov't Code 551.074)-approved
(h) Consider Approval of Proposed Amendment for the District Official Budget: Debt Service Fund- approved
( i ) Consider Approval of Proposed Amendment for the District Official Budget: General Fund-- approved
Tuesday, September 16, 2003 - 5:30 p.m.
Regular School Board of Trustees Meeting
SAISD Administration Building Board Room
September 19-22, 2003
43 rd Annual TASB/TASA Convention
Dallas , Texas