District Improvement Plan 2012-2013
This District Improvement Plan was developed to meet the SAISD goals and focus on areas of student improvement for the next year and establishes the steps to meet these goals and reach the “Gold Performance Standard”. Currently, the district TEA rating is Academically “Acceptable”. While working toward the “Gold Performance Standard,” the district will reach the “Exemplary” level based on the 2010-2011 scores. Based on the findings that there are gaps in the scores among the various student populations in the district, the plan includes addressing the issue in order that all SAISD campuses will meet the criteria to be within the top 10 of their peer groups in each subject area according to Just for the Kids by the 2013-2014 school year. Other items addressed in the plan include reducing the drop out rate and increasing the completion rate for high school, a comprehensive curriculum management plan for all students, a curriculum delivery program that is aligned with SAISD student expectations, and strategies to close the achievement gap for Bilingual/ESL students.
The district goals this plan is designed to meet are:
- Provide student achievement at the highest levels.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility that allows us to fulfill the vision, mission, beliefs, and goals of the district.
- Improve communication between the district and all stakeholders.
- Design and implement a facilities plan that will meet the current and future needs of the district.
- Sustain a safe and secure environment.