Gifted and Talented Screening Timeline
Please contact the counselor at your child's school or the Advanced Academics Office with any questions regarding the referral process for your child.
A child may be nominated for GT screening by a parent, teacher, administrator, counselor, or community member.
- 1st – 12th grade students NEWLY ENROLLED in a SAISD school. Please contact the Advanced Academics Office prior to August 1 to make arrangements.
Spring Screening (late April)
- For 1st – 12th grade students enrolled in SAISD schools who have not been screened in the past 12 months
- Contact the counselor at your child's school for nomination form and parent survey
- Deadline to nominate a student for spring screening is the 1st Friday in April. Nominations received after the 1st Friday in April will not be screened until the following spring
- Results are mailed to parents no later than 6 weeks after screening
Kinder Screening (December)
- For students enrolled in SAISD kindergarten classes
- Contact the counselor at your child's school for nomination form and parent survey.
- Nomination form and parent survey must be returned to your child's school counselor no later than the 2nd Friday in November. No late forms will be accepted
- Results are mailed to parents prior to March 1