San Angelo Public Schools
Welcome to the San Angelo Independent School District. We have 24 schools serving students Pre-K through 12th grade. We also serve children birth through age five at our three Head Start/Early Head Start campuses. Click the links to the left to explore our campuses and to learn more about our schools.
Quick Facts about our schools
- More than 13,000 students
- 15:1 Student to teacher ratio
- One 5A High School and One 4A High School
- One Freshman campus
- Three middle schools
- 17 elementary schools
- 1 alternative campus
- Three Head Start/Early Head Start campuses serving over 500 children ages 0-5
- Student population: 51% Hispanic, 42% Anglo, 6% African American, 1% Asian Pacific Islander, 1% Native American
- Pre-AP/AP Classes offered in English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, and Art
- Eleven elementary schools received an Exemplary rating from TEA in 2009: Alta Loma, Austin, Belaire, Bonham, Bowie, Crockett, Glenmore, Goliad, Holiman, McGill, and Santa Rita.
- Seven schools received a Recognized rating from TEA in 2009: Bradford Elementary, Fannin Elementary, Fort Concho Elementary, Lamar Elementary, Reagan Elementary, San Jacinto Elementary, and Central Freshman Campus.
- All other middle and high schools received an Academically Acceptable rating from TEA in 2009
- All campuses have received Gold Performance Acknowledgement from TEA