Governor Rick Perry Visits Lake View High School

September 13, 2007

Texas Governor Rick Perry visited Lake View High School on September 13 as part of a three-city tour of West Texas to award funding through the Texas Educator Excellence (TEEG) Grant. Texas has dedicated approximately $343 million to teacher incentive programs this biennium. The grants will award teachers for excellence and achievement in the classroom.

Governor Perry was welcomed to the Lake View Library, where students and teachers were gathered for the special presentation, by SAISD Superintendent Dr. Carol Ann Bonds, Governor Perry presented a check replica to Lake View for $180,000--the amount they will receive from the TEEG grant this school year.

TEEG is a non-competitive grant available to an eligible group of economically disadvantaged elementary, middle school, or high school campuses that have demonstrated high levels of student achievement. 75% of the campus award must be used to reward teachers, while the other 25% may be used for other incentives aimed at improving teacher quality and raising student achievement.

Other San Angelo ISD schools eligible for the TEEG grant include Belaire, Bradford, Fannin, and Reagan.

To see more photos from the event, visit our Photo Gallery.