Board Approves 2011-2012 Calendar
December 14, 2010
During the December school board meeting, the board approved the calendar for the 2011-2012 school year.
Highlights of the new calendar include:
- The first day of classes for students will be August 22
- Teachers will begin the school year on August 15 with professional days, campus planning, and grade level/department planning.
- Holidays will include Labor Day, three days during the week of Thanksgiving, two weeks at Christmas, Martin Luther King Day, and Memorial Day.
- Spring Break is scheduled March 12 - 16.
- Bad weather days are scheduled for April 6 and 9.If no bad weather days are taken earlier in the year, both days will be school holidays. If only one bad weather day is needed, then April 6 will be a school holiday and April 9 will be an instructional day. If two bad weather days have to be used, then both April 6 and 9 will be instructional days.
- The last day of school will be June 1.
- Graduation will be held on Saturday, June 2.