Head Start To Accept Applications
May 25, 2011
The San Angelo ISD Head Start program will accept applications for the 2011-2012 school year for children 3-4 years old from Tuesday, May 31-Thursday, June 2. Registration will take place at Blackshear Head Start, 2223 Brown Street, from 8:00 AM until 3:30 PM on registration days.
The SAISD Head Start program offers quality early childhood education at no cost; however, families must meet the 2011 poverty income guidelines.
The following information will need to be provided:
- Proof of family income
- child's birth certificate or hospital certificate
- child's current immunization record
- child's social security card
- guardianship documents (if applicable)
- IFSP/IEP for diagnosed disability (if applicable)
- Medicaid/Chips or private health insurance (if applicable).
Head Start focuses on family service, parent involvement, quality educational services, and services for children with disabilities.
For more information, contact Lupe Gomez at 658-7442.