Head Start To Accept Applications
April 5, 2012
The San Angelo ISD Head Start program will accept applications for the 2012-2013 school year for children 3-4 years old from Tuesday, April 17-Thursday, April 19. Registration will take place at Blackshear Head Start, 2223 Brown Street, from 8:00 AM until 3:30 PM for Blackshear, Day and Rio Vista campuses.
The SAISD Head Start program offers quality early childhood education at no cost, however, families must meet the 2012 poverty income guidelines.
The following information will need to be provided:
- Proof of all family income - Preferably current 1040/W2, TANF/Social Security/SSI/Unemployment/Worker’s comp letters or printouts, child support order, or letter from employer(s), 3 most current consecutive checkstubs, if Military must bring LES statements
- Child's birth certificate/hospital certificate or other document
- Child's up-to-date immunization record
- Child's Social Security Card
- Guardianship, CPS, Foster Documents (if applicable)
- IFSP/IEP for diagnosed disability (if applicable)
- Medicaid/Chips or private health insurance (if applicable).
Head Start focuses on family service, parent involvement, quality educational services, and services for children with disabilities, even severe disabilities.
For more information, call Erin Ortega at 947-3838 x796.