San Angelo ISD Announces Revised Student Transfer Procedures
April 12, 2019
In San Angelo ISD, we believe students receive a quality education regardless of the campus they attend. However, there are times when parents desire for their child to attend a school other than the campus of their attendance zone.
Please review the following information regarding revisions to the transfer application process for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Transfer applications will only be accepted during the Transfer Application Window. The window to complete a Transfer Application for the 2019-2020 school year will be May 6, 2019 through May 24, 2019. No new applications for transfers will be accepted after May 24, 2019 (see the document linked below for exceptions).
- In-District transfer applications will be completed online beginning May 6, 2019. A link to the online application will be posted on the SAISD website on May 6, 2019. (If you live outside the district but are currently on a transfer to SAISD, you are considered an in-district transfer and will complete the online application.)
- All new out-of-district transfers and new to SAISD (including kindergarten) transfer applications will require a paper application. Applications can be printed online or picked up in the SAISD Student Services office during the application window. All parents/guardians requesting an out-of-district transfer or new to SAISD transfer request will be required to hand deliver the completed application to the SAISD Student Services office located at the SAISD Administration Building, 1621 University.
- A transfer application must be completed each year regardless of current transfer status. Transfers are not guaranteed and are good for one school year only.
- Parents will be notified by email of their transfer application status by June 28, 2019.
For more information regarding the student transfer process for the 2019-2020 school year, download this informational document or contact the Director of Student Services at 325-947-3838, ext. 171.