Archived Meeting Minutes
Prepared by Jamie Highsmith, Public Information
April 3, 2003
- Call to Order and Establish Quorum
- Adjourn to Closed or Executive Session
in accordance with:
551.071 Texas Government Code
• Discussion with attorney regarding pending or
551.074 Texas Government Code
• Discuss employee discipline, duties, resignations,
reassignments, and new hires
• Discuss superintendent’s recommendation regarding
re-employment of probationary contract employees;
termination of probationary contract employees;
renewing of term contract employees; and proposal of nonrenewal of term contract employees due to reduction in force
- Public Comment—Given by JIM CUMMINGS AND DAVID GREEN
- Consider Approval of Resolution #02-03-03 Declaring Cancellation of Board of Trustees Election for Single Member District #1 on May 3, 2003, due to unopposed candidate--APPROVED
- Consider Superintendent Recommendations Regarding Re-Employment of Classroom Teachers and Other Professional Personnel (Texas Gov’t Code 551.074)—APPROVED
- Consider Superintendent Recommendations Regarding Proposed Non-Renewal of Classroom Teachers and Other Professional Personnel Due to Reduction in Force (Texas Gov’t Code 551.074)— APPROVED.
- Consider Rescheduling of the Regular April 15, 2003, Board Meeting to Allow All Board Members to be Present—rescheduled for April 8, prior to the facilities workshop.
- Consider Action Resulting from Consultation with Attorney (Texas Gov’t Code 551.071)-NONE
* April 8, 2003 (Tuesday) – 5:30 p.m.
Board Meeting and Workshop – Facility Study
SAISD Board Room
* April 15, 2003 (Tuesday) – 3:30 p.m.
Superintendent’s Conference Room