Archived Meeting Minutes
June 25, 2003
1. Call to Order and Establish Quorum
2. Invocation- led by Lanny Layman
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comment- given by David Raske and Nicholas Arteaga
5. Adjourn to Closed or Executive Session in accordance with:
551.071 Texas Government Code
- Discussion with attorney regarding pending or threatened litigation
- Consultation with legal counsel regarding legal matters affecting consideration of action agenda items
551.074 Texas Government Code
- Discuss employee discipline, duties, resignations, reassignments, new hires, and evaluations-
THE BOARD DID NOT ADJOURN TO CLOSED SESSION.
6. Action Agenda Items
- Consider Approval of Criteria for School Closures, A Timeline and Process Related to School Closures and the Development of a Facilities Master Plan, Securing Someone to Assist the District With This Process, and Matters Pertaining Thereto-
THE BOARD APPROVED DR. OATES TO WORK WITH
STAFF ON CRITERIA FOR THE FACILITIES STUDY
- Consider Approval of Awarding Bid for Edison Air Handler-Blower Assembly-- APPROVED
- Conduct Budget Workshop- PRESENTED BY MR. VAN DE REIT, MRS. RICE, MRS. CARTER, MR. SCOFIELD, MR. ELSON, AND MR. GARCIA
- Consider Options for the Local Optional Homestead Exemption
- Consider Approval of District Employment Recommendations for the 2003-2004 School Year (Gov't Code 551.074)-
PRESENTED BY DR. PUGH AND MR. VAN DE REIT.
PUBLIC COMMENT WAS GIVEN BY KENNETH
MCNEASE, FRANK WHITE, DANA BANKS, JIM
MCCUTCHEN, STEVE TEFAS, NICHOLAS ARTEAGA,
SARGE GOFORTH, AND WILMA GARDNER.
THE BOARD VOTED TO KEEP THE 20% HOMESTEAD
- Consider Approval of the Student Code of Conduct
- Consider Student Discipline and Code of Conduct Issues-
ITEMS F AND G WERE APPROVED WITH AMENDMENTS REGARDING CARVER.
- Consider Approval of Awarding Bid RFP 729 Wireless Metropolitan Area Network- POSTPONED UNTIL THE JULY BOARD MEETING.
- Consultation With Attorney (Gov't Code 51.071)-- NONE
- Regular School Board of Trustees Meeting Tuesday, July 22, 2003 5:30 p.m. - SAISD Board Room
- School Board of Trustees Training (Goal Setting) Saturday, July 26, 2003 - 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 Noon Region XV Service Center - Conference Room