School Bond 2008 - Central High School
Campus: Central High School
Architect: Craig Kinney/Huckabee Inc.
Estimated Cost: $47,540,750
View a detailed PDF of this plan - Updated 8-19-09
- New entry along Houston Harte Freeway.
- New image/front door for the community.
- New Entry / Administration / Science building.
- New CATE Shop Building to house vocational programs.
- Reuse of most of the landmark existing buildings as a base to renovate, reinvent, and revitalize the campus.
- Upgrades in ADA accessibility requirements.
- Parking and road ways will be restricted to the perimeter of the campus. Students will be able to walk almost the entire campus without crossing dangerous asphalt. This will create a safer and more pleasant atmosphere.
- Increased parking.
- Demolition of old, inefficient, out of date, and security-risk buildings. The new campus will have less “visual clutter”, fewer buildings to maintain, fewer unmonitored areas
- New security enhancements such as road way improvements and security cameras.
- New water friendly landscaping.
- Technology upgrades so that the entire campus becomes state-of-the-art.
- All campus buildings will incorporate new “green-friendly” features such as high efficiency lighting, energy efficient environmental controls, mechanical systems, etc.
- New/renovated outdoor areas: the Main Courtyard and Practice Field.
- New fixtures, furnishings and equipment for the majority of the campus.
- Restroom upgrades
Renovations and Repair
- Academic buildings renovated per schedule
- 18 - 20 science labs and administrative support building
- Replace Vocational classrooms
- Multiple Site Improvements
- Replace HVACs, add Energy Management System, upgrade plumbing, upgrade electrical, upgrade interior
lighting, install fire alarm system