This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Free and Reduced Price Meal Applications
Free and Reduced Price Meals are available to families who qualify. If your family chooses to apply, please apply online at www.schoolcafe.com. Applying online is fast, Easy, Private, Safe and Secure.
If you apply online – DO NOT complete a paper application
- If needed, paper applications are available at your school office, Child Nutrition Office at 305 Baker Street or you may print one from our website.
- If you choose to complete a paper application, return it to your school office, 305 Baker Street, or fax to 325-658-4353.
- If you need additional assistance, please email Kelly Graf at Kelly.Graf@saisd.org or call the Child Nutrition office at 325-659-3615
You will be notified by mail of your child's status. Until notification, you must provide your child with a lunch or lunch money.
Only submit one application per family. The information you give will be used to determine or prove your child's eligibility for free or reduced-priced meals. This information may also be used for other state or federally funded school benefits.
Factors considered in the application process are household size and total household income. HOUSEHOLD SIZE is considered all persons, related or unrelated: Including parents, children, grandparents who live in your home and share living expenses. The TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME is the income each household member received last month before taxes - this includes wages, social security, pension, unemployment, welfare, child support, alimony, and any other cash income.
Foster children are categorically eligible for free meal benefits. Foster children may be included in the household application as part of the household size.
Free and Reduced Meal Application FAQs
- What measures can I take to expedite my applications approval?
- Do I need to fill out an application for each child?
- Who can receive free meals?
- Have the eligibility guidelines changed from last school year?
- Can homeless, runaway and migrant children get free meals?
- I got a letter saying my children are approved for free meals for this school year. Should I fill out an application?
- Who can receive Reduced Price meals?
- I receive WIC (Women, Infants and Children) benefits. Can my child get free meals?
- Will the information I give be checked?
- If I don't qualify now, may I apply later?
- What if I disagree with the school's decision about my application?
- May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?
- Who should I include as members of my household?
- What if my income is not always the same?
- Are applications available in other languages?
- Why is it necessary to use the same name as it appears on the Birth Certificate?
- Why do you list All Other Household Members?
- Why do I need to fill out Social Security Number and sign the application?
- If I have more than one student going to school in the School District do I need to fill out more than one application?
- If I have a student living at home that goes to a private school, charter school, or Pre-K school, should I include them on the application?
- What is Direct Certification?
- How do you know if your Student is Direct Certified?
- If one student is Direct Certified, in a household, are the remaining students also Direct Certified?