San Angelo ISD To Provide Free Meals for All Children This School Year
San Angelo ISD is happy to announce that the district has been approved to serve free meals to all children through the remainder of the school year. Thanks to an extension in federal funds, all children, whether attending school in-person or virtual, and regardless of free and reduced meal benefits status, are eligible for these free meals. Free meals are made possible through an extension of free school meal programs announced by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
SAISD IN-PERSON STUDENTS
For SAISD students attending school in-person, the process for receiving breakfast and lunch while on campus will not change. Students will not be charged for regular breakfast or lunch menu items. However, a la carte items will not be included in the free meal program and will still be available for purchase. Weekly menus can be found on the San Angelo ISD Child Nutrition website.
STUDENTS NOT ATTENDING SAISD SCHOOL IN-PERSON
Children not attending an SAISD school in-person, including those in the SAISD Virtual Academy, can pick up “grab-and-go” curbside meals each weekday between 1:00 - 1:35 pm at the following locations:
Lake View High School - 900 E. 43rd
Lee Middle School - 2500 Sherwood Way
Austin Elementary - 700 N. Van Buren
Bowie Elementary - 3700 Forest Trail
Crockett Elementary - 2104 Johnson
Fannin Elementary - 1702 Wilson
Glenmore Elementary - 323 Penrose
Holiman Elementary - 1900 Ricks Drive
Children do not need to be present to receive a meal. Meals may be picked up at any of the San Angelo ISD schools listed above. Your child does not need to attend one of the listed sites to receive the free meal. Parents will no longer need to pre-order meals through SchoolCafe and the online ordering system through SchoolCafe will be shut down for the duration of this program.
To pick up grab-and-go meals:
- Select a San Angelo ISD school listed above for pick-up
- Drive up to the back door of the kitchen and remain in your vehicle
- If children are present in the vehicle, a member of the SAISD Child Nutrition team will deliver enough meals for the number of children in your vehicle
- If children are not present in the vehicle, a member of the SAISD Child Nutrition team will request the following information for each child you are picking up a meal for:
- Report card or letter of attendance from their home school which contains a student ID
- Birth certificate for any student not currently enrolled in any school or is of preschool age
Daily meal options include a to-go breakfast and lunch following our Elementary weekly menu. Meals include a combination of protein, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and milk. Meals/milk should be consumed immediately upon receiving or refrigerated. Any leftover food/milk should be refrigerated immediately and consumed within 2-3 days of pickup.