All individuals interested in becoming a substitute teacher for San Angelo ISD, must meet the following qualifications:
- 20 years of age or older
- High school diploma/GED
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Complete an online application for substitute. All substitute candidates (new and returning) must complete an online application and attend a substitute orientation prior to being hired as a substitute.
- New substitutes - Click here to proceed to the online application
- Returning substitutes - Click here to login and apply through Employee Access Center
- Register for a substitute orientation session by completing this form. Seating for each session will be limited to 25. (Substitutes will not be called from Human Resources. All substitutes must register on the google form.) Registration must be completed 24 hours in advance of all substitute orientations.
|Full Day||Half Day|
|Certified Teacher (M, F)||$100||$50|
|Certified Teacher (T, W, Th)||$90||$45|
|Non-Certified (M, F)||$90||$45|
|Non-Certified (T, W, Th)||$80||$40|
|Certified Long-term teacher assignments (more than 10 consecutive days)||$140|
|Non-Certified Long-term teacher assignments (more than 10 consecutive days)||$110|
Substitutes placed in teacher assignments for more than 10 consecutive days will be paid at a rate of $110.00 per day if non-certified and $140.00 per day if certified. Long-term substitutes perform additional duties that a long-term assignment requires such as: grading papers, preparing lesson plans, attending parent conferences, posting grades, as well as any other duties of the teacher. Assignments that involve coaching duties will only be covered for the teaching portion. ** Support staff positions are not eligible for long-term pay.
Frontline Substitute System (formerly Aesop)
Frontline Absence Management (Formerly Aesop) is an online program that allows teachers to enter absences and request substitutes. Teachers can view and manage their absences, add classroom lesson plans and other files for substitutes, and view reports on their absence history. Self-help guides and videos are available online for training and assistance.
Frontline can be accessed by calling 1-800-942-3767 or by clicking the link below.
Click the links below for more information on using the Frontline system.