- Complete an online application for substitute. Click here to proceed to the online application. You must use Internet Explorer to complete the application.
- Register for an online substitute orientation session by completing this form. Seating for each session will be limited to 25. (Substitutes will not be called from Human Resources. All substitutes must register on the google form.) Registration must be completed 24 hours in advance of all substitute orientations.
- Complete the fingerprinting process as required by the State of Texas. A fingerprint FAST PASS and instructions will be sent to the email provide in the job application. The cost for fingerprints is approximately $50.00. If you fingerprinted this year and you substitute 10 or more days, you will be reimbursed the fingerprinting fee. *If you have already been fingerprinted for the Texas Education Agency , you will not need to fingerprint again.
- Sign the Substitute Job Description (emailed after orientation).
- Sign the Retire-Rehire Acknowledgement if retired from the Teacher Retirement System (TRS) (emailed after orientation).
- Please check your email frequently as you will be notified of your next steps during the process. Please also check your spam, junk or clutter as well.
- Access your district email account and complete required onboarding documents.
- Schedule a New Employee Orientation to receive your district identification badge.