Why Choose San Angelo ISD?
San Angelo ISD wants you to join us in our journey toward excellence. We believe San Angelo is one of the best cities in the Lone Star state and we proudly invite you to become part of the SAISD family. Discover all that San Angelo has to offer in the following video.
About San Angelo
San Angelo is a diverse city of more than 100,000 residents that features a low cost of living and boasts big city amenities in a small town atmosphere. Established in the 1860s near historic Fort Concho, San Angelo embraces its rich western heritage while showcasing a variety of state-of-the-art cultural attractions from our Museum of Fine Arts and City Auditorium, to the San Angelo Symphony and Performing Arts Center.
San Angelo boasts a mild, sunny climate which provides the perfect setting for a multitude of recreational and outdoor activities. Public art installations, numerous walking trails, countless public parks, golf courses, the Concho River and three lakes make San Angelo the place for fun in the sun.
Downtown, our historic Concho Street offers shopping with a glimpse into the past, while Southwest San Angelo offers Sunset Mall and other popular retailers. San Angelo also has a wealth of popular restaurants guaranteed to suit any appetite and a vibrant nightlife with many opportunities to kick up your heels.
About San Angelo ISD
With an enrollment of approximately 15,000 students, San Angelo ISD has 27 campuses and 2,000 employees. In addition to a strong core curriculum and a thriving fine arts program, the West Texas Training Center offers students state-of-the art career and technology courses that provide solid workplace skills. Our curriculum, written by district teachers, is one of the premier guides in the state. In addition to classroom learning, SAISD is known for its tradition of winning athletic programs. San Angelo also offers some of the best vocational, fine arts, and academic programs in the state.
Our People Make the Difference
In San Angelo ISD, we believe that our people make the difference. Research shows us that the greatest impact on student learning is the relationship between a student and an educator. As a district, we focus on recruiting and hiring people who are passionate and dedicated, people whose greatest joy is seeing children succeed. Just as we do with our students, we give our educators the resources and tools they need to succeed, then we step back and watch them soar. Watch the videos below or click to meet some of the passionate and dedicated people who are making a difference in SAISD.
- Low cost of living
- Big city amenities in a small town atmosphere
- Mild sunny climate with an average temperature of 65 degrees
- Many outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, swimming, public parks, and golf courses
- Regional airport provides easy access to Dallas Fort Worth Airport and Houston’s George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Excellent health care provided by top rated Shannon Medical
- Multitude of offerings in fine arts and performing arts
- Excellent shopping
- Wealth of popular restaurants
- Numerous entertainment opportunities and vibrant nightlife
- Competitive pay
- Great benefits
- Premiere curriculum written by district teachers
- State of the art career and technology courses
- Excellent academic, vocational, and fine arts classes
- Strong Instructional Technology department
- Tradition of winning athletic programs
- New teacher academy
- Tremendous amount of professional learning available
- 1000 teachers provide easy access to networking and best practices