San Angelo ISD Purchasing Department belongs to several purchasing cooperatives. These cooperatives follow all bidding laws in awarding contracts to their vendors and by law school districts are allowed to use the bids established through the cooperative purchasing agreements.
Organizations we belong to are as follows:
- TASB Buy Board
- Houston Galveston Area Coop
- Harris County Department of Education/Choice Partners
- Regions 9, 11, 14, and 15 Multi-Regional Purchasing Coop
- National Intergovernmental Purchasing Alliance
- Region 10 Multi-Regional Child Nutrition Cooperative Purchasing Coop
- One Government Procurement Alliance (1GPA)
- The Cooperative Purchasing Network (TCPN)
- The Interlocal Purchasing System (TIPS/TAPS)
- State of Texas Comptroller – TXMAS
- US Communities
- West Texas Food Service Coop
- P.A.C.E. Coop
These purchasing cooperatives are used as a resource when other local bids may not be in place or to purchase one time and hard to find items.