The transfer window for the 2020-2021 school year is currently closed. At this time, we are not accepting any more in-district transfers. Out-of-district transfers are still being accepted. For more information about out-of-district transfers, please contact Hope Stephens in the SAISD Student Services office at email@example.com or 325-947-3838 x171.
In San Angelo ISD, we believe students receive a quality education regardless of the campus they attend. There are times when parents desire for their child to attend a school other than the campus of their attendance zone.
Please review the following information regarding the type of transfers available for students in kindergarten through 12th grade and the application process for 2023-2024.
|April 3, 2023||Date to begin accepting transfer applications (Links to transfer applications will be available within the registration form.)|
|May 19, 2023||Deadline to accept Transfer Applications.|
|June 9, 2023||Applicants will be notified by email of Approval/Denial/Placed on Hold status of Transfer Application no later than this date.|
|August 4, 2023||Transfer Appeal Meetings. All Appeals must be submitted to the Office of Student Services by 8:00AM on this date to be considered.|
A student on a transfer to a particular school must reapply for a transfer each year. Transfers are not guaranteed and are good for one school year only. Only one transfer application will be accepted per student during the transfer application window.
In-District and New Student Transfers
- An In‐District transfer is defined as a student that is living in the SAISD boundaries but would like to attend an SAISD campus other than the school in his/her attendance zone.
- A new student transfer is defined as a student that lives in the SAISD boundaries but does not have a student ID (new to the district or incoming kindergarten students).
- In‐District and New Student transfer applications are only accepted during the transfer application window.
- An Out‐of‐District transfer is defined as a student that does not live in the SAISD boundaries.
- Out-of-District transfer applications are accepted year round.
- All transfer applications are submitted through an online process.
- The transfer application is embedded within the SAISD registration process.
- New to SAISD and out-of-district transfer students should complete a New Student Registration form. Returning students should complete a Returning Student Verification of Enrollment form.
- While completing your students enrollment form, you will find the transfer application link on the “Student” page after you have completed adding your student’s information. The link will appear under the “Enrolling School” dropdown.
- For more information about the registration process, visit www.saisd.org/register.
Executive Director of Student and Data Services
T: (325) 947-3838 x171