The transfer window for the 2020-2021 school year is currently closed. At this time, we are not accepting any more in-district transfers. Out-of-district transfers are still being accepted. For more information about out-of-district transfers, please contact Hope Stephens in the SAISD Student Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-947-3838 x171.
In San Angelo ISD, we believe students receive a quality education regardless of the campus they attend. However, there are times when parents desire for their child to attend a school other than the campus of their attendance zone.
Please review the following information regarding the student transfer application process for the 2021-2022 school year.
- All current transfer students (those currently enrolled at a school outside of their designated attendance zone) and students requesting a new transfer must complete a transfer application each year. Transfers are not guaranteed and are good for one school year only.
- Transfer applications will only be accepted during the Transfer Application Window. The window to complete a Transfer Application for the 2021-2022 school year will be March 22, 2021 through May 7, 2021. At this time, no new applications for transfers will be accepted after May 7, 2021.
- In-District transfer applications (including new kindergarten) must be completed online. A link to the online application will be posted on the SAISD website on March 22, 2021. (If you live outside the district but are currently on a transfer to SAISD, you are considered an in-district transfer and will complete the online application.)
- New students (including kindergarten students) must first complete the registration process through your home campus and obtain a student ID in order to complete the transfer application online.
- All new out-of-district transfer applications will require a paper/electronic application. Applications can be received through email or picked up in the SAISD Student Services office during the application window.
- All parents/guardians requesting an out-of-district transfer will be required to email (email@example.com) or hand deliver the completed application to the SAISD Student Services office located at the SAISD Administration Building, 1621 University.
- All applicants will be notified by email of their transfer application status (Approved/Denied/Placed on Hold) by June 11, 2021.
Transfer applications will be processed beginning May 10, 2021 for students who have registered for the 2021-2022 school year.
For more information regarding the student transfer process for the 2021-2022 school year, contact the Director of Student Services at 325-947-3838, ext. 170.
Jason Skelton, Ph.D.
Director of Safe Environments and Student Services
T: (325) 947-3838 x171