The transfer window for the 2020-2021 school year is currently closed. At this time, we are not accepting any more in-district transfers. Out-of-district transfers are still being accepted. For more information about out-of-district transfers, please contact Hope Stephens in the SAISD Student Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 325-947-3838 x171.
In San Angelo ISD, we believe students receive a quality education regardless of the campus they attend. There are times when parents desire for their child to attend a school other than the campus of their attendance zone.
Please review the following information regarding the type of transfers available for students in kindergarten through 12th grade and the application process for 2022‐2023.
|April 4, 2022||Date to begin accepting transfer applications (Links to transfer applications will be available within the registration form.)|
|May 20, 2022||Deadline to accept Transfer Applications.|
|June 10, 2022||Applicants will be notified by email of Approval/Denial/Placed on Hold status of Transfer Application no later than this date.|
|August 5, 2022||Transfer Appeal Meetings. All Appeals must be submitted to the Office of Student Services by 8:00AM on this date to be considered.|
A student on a transfer to a particular school must reapply for a transfer each year. Transfers are not guaranteed and are good for one school year only. Only one transfer application will be accepted per student during the transfer application window.
In-District and New Student Transfers
- An In‐District transfer is defined as a student that is living in the SAISD boundaries but would like to attend an SAISD campus other than the school in his/her attendance zone.
- A new student transfer is defined as a student that lives in the SAISD boundaries but does not have a student ID (new to the district or incoming kindergarten students).
- All in‐district and new student transfer applications will be submitted through an online process.
- Transfer application is embedded within the registration process as a new student and the verification of enrollment in Home Access Center (HAC) as a returning student.
- NOTE: If you live outside the district but you are currently on a transfer to SAISD (have student ID number), you will complete the electronic in‐district transfer application.
- An Out‐of‐District transfer is defined as a student that does not live in the SAISD boundaries.
- Out-of-District transfer applications are accepted year round.
- All new out-of-district transfer applications will require a paper application.
- Applications can be emailed to you, downloaded online, or picked up in the SAISD Student Services office located in the SAISD Administration Building at 1621 University Avenue during the application window.
- All parents/guardians requesting an out-of-district transfer will be required to email (email@example.com) or hand deliver the completed application to the SAISD Student Services office.
- Click here to download or print an "Out-of-District Student Transfer Application." This pdf application can be filled out using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader and then submitted by email or printed and completed by hand.
Jason Skelton, Ph.D.
Director of Safe Environments and Student Services
T: (325) 947-3838 x171