How to find Your Computer Name
Use one of the following methods to locate your computer name:
Method 1: Locate Asset Tag on computer
Each computer should have an Asset Tag located on it with your computer name. This tag is a small white tag with a barcode on it and says "Property of San Angelo ISD" followed by a your computer name starting with a "C". e.g. C01234. This tag will be located somewhere on the outside of the actual computer (not the monitor). It is sometimes underneath the gray flap on the front of some Dell models.
Method 2: To find your computer’s name when you are logged in:
- Find the “My Computer” icon on your desktop.
- RIGHT-click on this icon.
- Then on the list that pops up LEFT-click on “Properties”.
- A window will come up that is titled “System Properties.”
- LEFT-click on the tab at the top that says “Computer Name” or “Network ID.”
- About halfway down the window it says “Full computer name:”
- The computer’s name starts with “C”, e.g. C01234. The full name is longer, but all we need is the first part, e.g. C01234.
Method 3: To find your computer’s name when you are not logged in yet and are at the log in screen:
- The first line says “User name:”
- The second line says “Password:”
- The third line says “Log on to:”. It should say SANANGELOISD in this box.
- To the right of this line there is a down arrow. LEFT-click on this arrow.
- The box will expand and you will see your computer’s name, e.g. C01234 (this computer).
Note: Please write your computer’s name down and tape it on the edge of the computer monitor so that it is readily available.