District Improvement Plan
This District Improvement Plan was developed to meet the SAISD goals and focus on areas of student improvement for the next year and establish the steps to meet these goals. Currently the district TEA rating is “Met Standard”. Based on these findings that there are gaps in the scores among the various student populations in the district, the plan includes addressing the issue in order that all SAISD campuses will meet the criteria to be within the top 10 of their peer groups in each subject area. Other items addressed in the plan include reducing the dropout rate and increasing the completion rate for high school, a comprehensive curriculum management plan for all students, a curriculum delivery program that is aligned with SAISD student expectations, and strategies to close the achievement gap for Bilingual/ESL students.
The district goals this plan is designed to meet are:
- Provide student achievement at the highest levels.
- Students graduate San Angelo ISD College and Career Ready.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility and design/implement a facilities plan that addresses current and future needs of the district in order to fulfill the vision, mission, beliefs, and goals adopted by the board.
- Improve communication between all stakeholders and the district.
- Secure and retain an effective staff that is reflective of and responsive to the District's student body.
- Sustain a safe and secure environment.