Welcome to Kindergarten!
At San Angelo ISD, we know Kindergarten is a big step in your child’s life, and we are honored to partner with our families on the start of their K-12 educational journey. We value the individual hopes and dreams of our students, and nurture each child’s process of discovery.
SAISD KINDERGARTEN CURRICULUM
Studies show that the first eight years of a child’s life are incredible opportunities for life-changing brain development. Our kindergarten classrooms are designed with this in mind. SAISD caring teachers engage students in a robust curriculum aligned to the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) to begin building the qualities and characteristics for students to be highly-capable and successful, including skills like collaboration, critical thinking, creation and communication. In our classrooms, kindergarteners enjoy school days filled with learning and growth from guided reading to foster comprehension, to exposure to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), to social-emotional skill development, to enrichment opportunities like physical education, music, library visits and more.
For a glimpse into one of our kindergarten classrooms, watch this video. To learn more about how we provide your child with a relevant and inspiring education from an early age, call our Curriculum and Instruction Department at (325) 947-3838. Students also receive access to nutritionally balanced breakfast and lunch menus to positively support your child’s health, well-being and their ability to learn.
HOW TO ENROLL
Enrollment for the upcoming 2022-2023 school year is now open. To be eligible for kindergarten, children must be 5 years old on or before September 1st.
Parents/guardians should be prepared to upload the following items in order to register their child:
- Child's official birth certificate (Click here to order a Texas birth certificate online or visit the Tom Green County Clerk’s Office to request one in-person if the child was born in Tom Green County)
- Social Security card (Click here to order a replacement social security card)
- DOD Identification (Military ID or orders)
- Updated immunization record (Click here for a list of required immunizations)
- Proof of address (electric, water, or gas bill, or lease/rental agreement)
New Student Registration forms for the 2022-2023 school year can be accessed at the links below. If it is your first time to access the registration system, you will be prompted to create an account:
2022 - 2023 Online New Student Registration - English
2022- 2023 Online New Student Registration - Spanish
Click the links below to access new student registration forms for the current (2021-2022) school year.
2021 - 2022 Online New Student Registration - English
2021 - 2022 Online New Student Registration - Spanish
ELEMENTARY CAMPUS LOCATIONS
HOURS AND CALENDAR
7:35 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Kindergarten follows the District Calendar. To view the calendar, click here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Who can attend Kindergarten?
- What if I don’t have my child’s birth certificate?
- What immunizations are required by the State of Texas?
- How can I get more information if I still have questions?