San Angelo ISD is excited to kick off football this Friday with Lake View High School vs. Lamesa High at San Angelo Stadium. Due to COVID-19 restrictions and capacity limitations issued by the University Interscholastic League (UIL), SAISD has implemented several new policies and procedures for fans attending games at San Angelo Stadium for the 2020-2021 school year.
Watch the video above and read below for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.
- What time will the gate open for football games? 6:00pm
- Will I be screened by gate workers for COVID-19? No, you will be asked to self-screen before entering the facility. If you have any symptoms, do not attend the game.
- Is a mask required to enter the facility? Yes, you must have a mask on before entering the facility. This is a requirement unless one of the exceptions to Governor Greg Abbott’s July 2, 2020 order is applicable.
- Will we be allowed to sit anywhere that we want? Yes, however you must sit in the designated areas that are marked with an “X” in the stands to create social distancing. One person per X.
- Can I purchase a ticket on one side and cross over to the other side? No, due to safety and security concerns fans will be unable to purchase a ticket and cross over to the other side.
- Is there reserved seating? There will be no reserved seating for the 2020 football stadium.
- Can my elementary and middle school student enter the facility unaccompanied? No, elementary and middle school students must be accompanied by an adult to enter the stadium.
- Will my pass allow me to enter the facility? Yes, however you must first obtain a ticket from the pass booth located at each gate to enter the stadium.
- When can I purchase a ticket for the game? You will be able to purchase a ticket for the game the week of:
- Online at the SAISD website, accessible at this link: www.saisd.org/tickets); or
- Wednesday 9:00-1:00 pm and Thursday 1:00-5:00 pm at a designated location to be announced before each game.
- Will everybody be allowed into the game? Due to COVID-19 and per the Texas Education Agency and 2020-2021 UIL Covid-19 risk mitigation guidelines, stadium capacity for attendance will be reduced to 50% of actual capacity and include social distancing protocols. As a result the capacity of San Angelo ISD Stadium will be reduced to 7,000.
- Will concessions and restrooms be available? Yes, but we ask that you please practice social distancing when standing in line.
- Will student tickets be sold on high school campuses? Yes, when campuses begin face-to-face instruction student tickets will be sold on high school campuses. Adult tickets will have to be purchased online or at our designated locations during the week.
- Will my SAISD employee badge get me into the football game? Yes, however you must have your SAISD employee badge with you, and obtain a ticket at the pass booth to gain admittance. The employee badge is only good for the employee.
- Will I be able to watch the game on the TV or online? Yes, Concho Sports Network will be video streaming all home Lake View and Central football games online at www.conchosports.com. You can also listen live to games with Foster Communications radio at KIXY 94.7 for Central and the Fire 101.9 for Lake View.