San Angelo ISD is happy to announce that the district has been approved to serve free meals to all children through the remainder of the school year. Thanks to an extension in federal funds, all children are eligible for these free meals, regardless of income eligibility.
Although families are not required to pay for meals this school year, it is still very important for our families to complete the application for free and reduced lunch by Monday, November 9th.
This application is so much more than just a free meal. Your completed application can direct federal and state dollars to your student’s school to help provide resources that impact learning and benefit students like yours. Additional resources include:
- Food for the weekend for food insecure families from the Concho Valley Regional Food Bank’s Food2Kids backpack program,
- Materials for schools like Chromebooks, iPads, hotspots for internet service, and take-home to read book packs,
- support from community and school service organizations,
- discounted fees for student testing for Advanced Placement (AP), SAT or ACT tests,
- reduced costs for college application fees, and
- help in securing low-cost internet services.
To complete the application and help students like yours, apply today at www.schoolcafe.com.
San Angelo ISD is committed to helping our students continue to have access to nutritious meals and educational resources supported by the related state and federal funds. For more information on eligibility and how to apply, contact the Child Nutrition department at (325) 659-3615. We appreciate families taking the time to complete this important application.