SAISD 2022 Summer Program Opportunities for Students
San Angelo ISD is excited to offer a number of free, enriching summer program opportunities for our students of all ages starting this June. We invite students to join SAISD educators in a fun and inspiring environment designed to develop their individual creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication skills that are an important part of the SAISD Learner Profile and future-readiness. Read below to learn more about opportunities and for how to register.
This engaging literacy camp for incoming Kindergarten through 2nd graders will focus on building reading and writing stamina, motivation, independence and leadership skills. It is designed around seven key strengths that build social emotional learning skills like curiosity, kindness, and confidence.
- Dates/Times: July 13 - 29, 2022, Monday through Thursday from 8:30-11:30 am
- Locations: Belaire, Goliad and Santa Rita Elementary Schools
- Registration by invitation. Contact your student’s campus for more information.
Orgullo Bilingue! This program is open to any current pre-kindergarten and kindergarten Emergent Bilingual student from any of our elementary schools. It is designed for English language learning with a focus on individual student needs. Students will develop literacy skills through help with reading, writing, listening, and speaking as well as through social skills and student-to-student interaction.
- Dates/Times: June 6 - July 1, 2022, Monday through Friday from 8 am - 2 pm
- Location: Bradford Elementary School
- Registration by invitation. Contact your student’s campus for more information or Christy Diego, Director of Bilingual & English Language Learners at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (325)947-3838 x798.
Our popular summer STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) camp is back! This one-day camp is an opportunity for students to explore future-ready STEM fun in engaging ways like robotics, coding, and working with Makerspace and the Innovation Station. The camp is open to all currently enrolled SAISD students who will enter 2nd through 5th grade next school year. For full session descriptions, visit www.saisd.org/stemkidscamp.
- Dates/Times: Choose from Monday, July 13 or Tuesday, July 14, 2022, 8:30 am - 3:50 pm
- Location: Belaire Elementary School
- To Register: Registration has now closed for this camp (See www.saisd.org/stemkidscamp)
Open to eligible students with disabilities, this program provides individualized instruction beyond the regular school year. Services are student-need driven and include a variety of options.
- Dates/Times: June 13-July 1, 2022, Monday through Thursday from 8 am - 12 pm
- Location: Bradford Elementary, Central High School and Lake View High School
- Registration by invitation. Contact your student’s campus for more information or Gentry Fields at Gentry Fields at email@example.com or by phone at 325-657-4055 Ext. 306.
We understand transitioning to middle school is a big change and an important step in students’ academic career. That’s why we are excited to offer our incoming 6th grade students an opportunity to “jump start” their middle school experience. Open to all incoming 6th graders, this program will help them to better understand what it means to be a middle school student and to feel prepared. Students will experience middle school academics, specifically focused on reading and math, while also learning how to be successful. If you are interested in having your incoming 6th grader participate, please complete the appropriate form below. We look forward to helping our future Raiders, Braves, Maidens and Texans successfully transition to middle school!
- Dates/Times: Four 2-day sessions to choose from, Monday to Tuesday, from 8 am -12 pm or Wednesday to Thursday from 8 am - 12 pm. *Session availability subject to first-come, first-served. Some sessions may fill faster than others.
- Session 1: June 13-14, 2022, Monday-Tuesday
- Session 2: June 15-16, 2022, Wednesday-Thursday
- Session 3: June 20-21, 2022, Monday-Tuesday
- Session 4: June 22-23, 2022, Wednesday-Thursday
- Locations: Glenn Middle School, Lincoln Middle School, Lone Star Middle School (students should attend the program at the middle school they will attend in the upcoming school year. Parents can determine which school their student is eligible to attend by entering their address in our Infofinder system. )
- To Register, complete the form for the middle school your student will attend next year (deadline to register is Tuesday, June 7th):
Central High School and Lake View High School will offer both in-person and virtual options for students to recover credits that they did not successfully complete during the 2021-2022 school year. These programs will also offer accelerated instruction to prepare students for their End-of-Course (EOC) exams held in June and July. Summer programming administrators at both high school campuses will be providing more information for students about these opportunities.
- Dates/Times: June 6-24, 2022, Monday through Friday from 8 am - 12 pm
July 11-29, 2022 Monday through Friday from 8 am - 12 pm
- Locations: Central High School Main and Lake View High School
- To Register: Contact your high school campus.
SAISD celebrates all the ways students are smart, including by developing their sports talents and team and individual skills. This summer SAISD coaches and staff will host camps for elementary through high school students for various sports. These camps are not free and do have registration fees that vary. Dates/times, locations and costs of participation vary. Camps offered include the following sports: baseball, soccer, swimming, tennis, gymnastics, basketball, softball, volleyball and football. Sic ‘em Cats and Go Chiefs and Maidens!
For more information on camps including dates, locations and fees to participate, visit www.saisd.org/departments/athletics/summer-camps
In addition to summer enrichment activities listed above, SAISD will also offer Summer Meal Program sites to provide children and teens ages 18 and younger healthy meals, including breakfast and lunch, starting in June at no cost, just by showing up at a participating site. Children do not have to be classified as economically disadvantaged to participate, and there is no paperwork to complete. For more information including dates and sites, click here.
We look forward to providing students with an engaging educational experience over the summer, and helping them transition and prepare for the upcoming school year. If you have any questions about the summer programs, please contact your students' campus or the designated contact listed above. Follow the San Angelo ISD Facebook, Twitter, and website, www.saisd.org, for summer program related updates and to stay up-to-date on San Angelo ISD.